Monday, February 3, 2014

Introduction to vision

Hello there! My name is Brandi and I'm a DIYer with vision.  I love my home; It's truly my passion, my hobby, my love.  No space is safe from my ideas.  It is said that the average person changes their space every 7 years. 7 years?! I want to change mine every 2 years!  I love new ideas, new trends even, if I feel they will last. I'm a carpenter at heart but took some schooling for interior decorating.  I'm the person who sees a palace while standing in a dump. I can FEEL the equity.  I hear so often of people saying, "I just don't know what to do with it!" Speaking of their living room, patio, or a color scheme or anything really.  Ideas are hard, execution is easier. So here I am! I'm going to share my ideas of how I've turned my house into a home with everything from trash picking, to shopping at stores I couldn't afford to walk through (for ideas, of course). 

TMI on me:
I'm in my twenties, have been married for 7 years, have two beautiful children, and two large dogs, even a picket fence!  The stereotype stops there.  I'm the carpenter in the house, the fixer, the decorator, the visionary, and the list of mommy titles that could go on forever. My husband...not so much a fixer. (He is helpful, but when I had to explain why you predrill things before screwing them, I knew it was a lost cause.) He deals with the fact that when he comes home, our house my have new curtains, new flooring, or a new layout! I'm constantly project-ing.(Yes, that is my verb.) My life is truly fulfilled by my projects around the house and with all the compliments I get, I knew I had to share! Ideas are all around you, you just have to have vision.

No comments:

Post a Comment