Tuesday, March 4, 2014

More on Ana

In my last post, I talked about the blog ana-white.com  I wanted to dig in to see what makes it a successful blog.  Firstly, I noticed how the blog looks.  It  looks like a DIY page due to the blueprint background that she has and the 'handwriting' links she has scattered around the page. It looks very casual and down to earth which is appealing to her target reader of DIYers.  She focuses on building things like furniture, inside and outside, and storage options. She also posts a new plan every day or every other day, which keeps it fresh.  It makes people want to visit her site often. Her plans are also very easy to understand because she puts it into everyday terms and sprinkles in home construction lingo.  She makes a cut list for each plan which is nice for the people who don't have their own saw and are getting them cut at the home improvement store for them.  Having the cut list makes it doable for people who are beginners, but just seeing the pictures is enough for people who have more carpentry experience like myself.  As far as comment from readers, I actually never saw a negative one.  I only saw comment praising the plan and how easy it was. I saw a couple that asked for some more direction but those were few and far between.  Overall, ana-white.com is a very successful blog because she has gotten in touch with her target readers.  Her posts are often pinned on Pinterest which makes for more frequent traffic.  She does a great job at her blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment