Monday, March 3, 2014

Other's Ideas

Being an avid DIY-er, I have lots of skills, but sometimes, I can't always think up what I need to do before I bust out the tools.  I found this great blog that has a ton of DIY furniture projects that come with complete plans! This helps me a lot because I may know I want to build a table, but need ideas of how to make it.  This blog/site is:
www.ana-white.com
She has great plans for building everything from dining tables to dollhouses to bunk beds!  Not only does she give you ideas of what to build, but also, how to build it. She has extremely detailed step by step pictures that will comfort any novice. She also isn't afraid to use real construction lingo, but does so in such a way that it will teach you the correct way and not scare you off.  Her finished projects look beautiful; like she bought them at a furniture store! And, you get the satisfaction of doing it yourself.
This just goes to show you that if you scour the internet, you can find real gems to help you refresh your home at a fraction of the cost with twice the empowerment, because you will do it yourself.  Nothing feels better than getting a compliment on something in your home and telling them that, "Yes, I built that myself." If you don't have the right tools, get them or rent them.  I can't recommend enough having a large, good quality sliding, compound miter saw. It can do almost anything and will replace A LOT of cheap hand tools and make that work half as difficult and time consuming.

No comments:

Post a Comment